Monday, May 2, 2011

blog#14 "reflexion of the media unit"

i believe that in the being i was struggling  of the lesson that Dr. x provided. i did not know what to expect. but now i understand somewhat of her format on how to do a proper  cat essay. i now know that when coming approach on a cat i have to annotate then find the main idea on what there talking about.  from there relate to it by giving a list of examples . also weather u agree or dis agree of what the article is talking about.  the types of improvements  i need are my grammar and  formulating my essay. those are my two main problems. i feel that my mind goes  blank at times  when i'am trying to put together my essay.  A few grammar mistakes  in due time with enough practice i'am pretty sure ill get it right.  these are both of my challenges that i am  facing right now. i will have to go to tutoring for now to get  the extra help. i find this the best way to help me move ahead. by getting that one on one attention will help make that clear understanding . on the first cat i did not do so well formulating my essay. but i felt i was going on the right track with my ideas. on  the cat #2 i feel much better  especially, when Dr. .x had made a clear understanding of where to get the root of what the main idea is talking about .  as well on how to identify a claim and proven the argument.
            the media unit  was a lot of fun. i enjoyed especially the part of compare and contrasting both movies the matrix and the truman show. this assignment alone was pretty interesting because of how dr.x made us think out side the box. talking about what is real world and what is not. i never thought of these two movie that way.  aside from that google doc it for others to comment on my work. it  lets me know if i am doing my job right,also it is a way of other person helping me on how to make something better which is good. the group work wasnt  that good because it was hard to work togather with someone and they don't even participate in  the work. so i rather work my self better. at lease i know i will get the work done.  the vocabulary page is good to have i think because i can refer to it.  if  there are  unfimilar word that i don't know i can look it up and store it for refer use later.  i thank dr.x for these wonderful skills to prepare us for the cat annotating, summary, thesis, and claim,  this was brokeing down to  the class and even thou writing is not my thing i can uses them to become better at it when it comes to my essays .

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for taking the time to write such a thorough and insightful reflection! This really helps me understand what/how you are learning.

    ReplyDelete